Love your smile, say the Dursley dentists at Castle Gate Dental Practice
As dentists, our main aim is for you to feel happy and confident about your smile. Here are Castle Gate Dental’s Top Ten ways to help you enjoy a stunning smile every day.
- The easiest, most effective – and cheapest – way to keep your teeth and gums looking great is to brush for two minutes twice a day using fluoride toothpaste.
- Visit your dentist regularly. There’s nothing more attractive than strong, healthy teeth and regular visits will help ensure your teeth stay this way.
- Discoloured teeth were the biggest reason (33%) given in a recent survey for people feeling self-conscious about their smile. Visit your hygienist for a thorough clean and polish to bring back the natural sparkle to your teeth.
- Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks, including fruit and smoothies. Decay-causing bacteria feed on sugar, so by cutting out their food you will reduce the chance of tooth decay.
- Choose foods rich in the minerals that help protect your teeth from harmful acids. Calcium rich foods promote good bone density and affect the quality of bone around the teeth.
- Chewing sugar-free gum after eating and drinking is a convenient way of looking after your oral health. It washes away food debris, helps to neutralises damaging plaque acids and remineralises tooth enamel by stimulating the flow of saliva which helps protect teeth.
- Are your teeth stained? Try cutting down on curries, red wine, tea and coffee and you’ll love the difference this will make.
- What better time to quit than now? Stopping smoking will improve your general and oral health, reduce your risk of cancer and boost your smile.
- Do you hide your smile or feel embarrassed about your teeth? Let us know – we have lots of treatments that can help, and most won’t break the bank.
- Love your smile! Smiling is contagious and also linked to a boosted immune system and reduction in stress – and we could all do with that!
The door to our dental practice in Parsonage Street Dursley is always open to new patients and emergency patients from across Gloucestershire, so please contact us to find out more.